For more than 25 years, the GSAS Student Center (formerly known as Dudley House), has offered social, intellectual, and recreational activities designed to help GSAS students make connections outside of the classroom, lab, or library. From its central location at Lehman Hall in Harvard Yard, the GSAS Student Center welcomes students from all GSAS departments and disciplines.
Every year, GSAS Student Center Fellows (formerly known as Dudley Fellows) create a wide range of programs geared toward students' interests. Some of these programs take place at Lehman Hall, others take place in Boston or elsewhere in New England. All GSAS students and students living in the GSAS residence halls are welcome at events organized by the Fellows. Past events have included film series, wine tastings, drop-in meditation, days of service, ski trips, or bike trips. The GSAS Student Center is also home to a literary magazine and several musical performance groups. To explore the many sides of the GSAS Student Center, explore the list of program areas below.
Resources in the GSAS Student Center
- Café Gato Rojo: A student-run coffee shop in Harvard Yard
- Office of Student Services (Room B-2): Access valuable resources for resolving student concerns
- Office of Residential Life (Room B-2): Explore your options for on- and off-campus housing
- Computer Lab: Open to all GSAS students. You can request the door code from the staff in the B-2 administrative offices.
- GSAS Commons: Open to the entire Harvard community at lunch, and open to GSAS students and residents for dinner
- Fireside Room: A cozy space for events, and a quiet study space when not in use
- Fellowships & Writing Center: Providing GSAS students with fellowship and writing support
- Graduate Student Lounge: The GSAS Student Council holds open meetings in this space on a monthly basis
- Common Room: A great space for social events or lectures. There is a piano available for students when the room is not in use. Contact the GSAS Student Center administrative office for details.
- Office of the Dean of Students
- Library: A quiet place to study and read
- Game Room: Ping pong, pool, and more ways to unwind!
- Administrative Offices: For questions, tickets, and friendly conversation