Questions about these requirements? See the contact info at the bottom of the page.
The Department of Anthropology offers a terminal AM degree in medical anthropology. Preference for admission to this program is given to students and practitioners in the health professions.
- The terminal AM in Medical Anthropology requires eight four-credit courses, including Genealogies of Social Anthropology at Harvard (A2900), an ethnography course, and three courses in medical anthropology. Only one course may be included that is outside of social anthropology.
- A thesis is required for the AM in Medical Anthropology. The thesis must be read and accepted by two department members.
- All courses taken for the AM (non-terminal and medical anthropology) must be passed with a minimum grade of B+.
- Language requirements are waived for the AM in medical anthropology.
- A minimum of one year in residence is required for the AM in medical anthropology.