Dissertation Submission Checklist
- Is every page of the dissertation correctly numbered?
- Does the body of the text begin with Page 1?
- Is the pagination continuous? Are all pages included?
- Is the Dissertation Acceptance Certificate unnumbered and positioned as the first page?
- Is the placement of page numbers centered throughout the manuscript?
- Is the title page formatted correctly?
- Is the author’s name, in full, the same on the title page and the abstract?
- Does the author’s name and date on the title page match the Dissertation Acceptance Certificate?
- Does the copyright page follow the title page?
- Is the abstract included after the copyright page, and is it formatted correctly?
- Does the abstract include the title of the dissertation, the author’s name, and the dissertation advisor’s name?
- Is the title on the abstract the same as that on the title page?
- Are the margins at least 1” on all sides?
- Is the font size 10–12 point?
- Are all fonts embedded?
- Are references in the form of footnotes (or endnotes if customary in your field)?
- Are all charts, graphs, and other illustrative materials legible?
- Do lengthy figures and tables include the “(Continued)” notation?
- If appropriate, have you filed for a patent?
- All formatting is checked before submitting the dissertation (review Top 10 Formatting Errors).
- Submit dissertation through ProQuest ETD.
- If you are requesting an embargo of longer than two years, you will need a signed approval from the DGS.
Let us know your thoughts