Harvard Griffin GSAS will offer housing in Perkins Hall for summer 2023. The summer online application will go live on February 1, 2023. Summer housing is assigned on a first-come, first-served basis, and priority is given to current residents of our halls. The process below outlines our summer 2023 housing assignment process, contract, and cancellation policy. Students graduating in May 2023 are not eligible. There is no mandatory meal plan as part of the Harvard Griffin GSAS summer housing contract.
Important: Our office is not able to provide partial summer contracts and we do no pro-rate summer room fees based on duration of stay.
The Office of Residential Life and the facilities team perform necessary maintenance projects during the summer, so students who sign our summer housing contract should expect some disruption accordingly.
Summer housing is assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. Priority is given to current residents of our halls and to students who can commit to the entirety of the summer housing contract (Friday, May 26, 2023, to Friday, August 4, 2023). Students graduating in May 2023 are not eligible.
If you currently live in Perkins, we strongly recommend submitting a summer application as soon as possible so that our office is able to re-assign you to your current room. Current Perkins applicants who apply later in the spring will likely need to be assigned to another Perkins room, after initial summer assignment rounds have been communicated.
Please note, not all rooms in Perkins will be available for summer assignments. Our office will assign based on preferences submitted on the application, but not all students will receive their top preference based on supply and demand.
Summer Housing Fees
Summer room fees are billed in two installments:
- A $150 non-refundable housing deposit is billed at the time of assignment. This $150 deposit is charged regardless of if a student accepts the summer room offer or not.
- The remainder of the room fee is billed in early July.
The summer housing fees for 2023 are as follows:
- Perkins small room: $2,290
- Perkins large room: $2,844
Our assignment process assumes that all students who are assigned a room will accept. All cancellation requests must be made via email to the Office of Residential Life.
- Students who have been assigned a room and cancel on or before the date on their room offer contract will lose the $150 deposit fee.
- Students who cancel on or before Friday, May 5, 2023, at 5:00 p.m. will lose the $150 deposit fee and be charged a $150 cancellation fee.
- Students who cancel after Friday, May 5, 2023, at 5:00 p.m. must pay all room fees until the vacancy is filled, will lose the $150 deposit fee, and be charged a $150 cancellation fee.