The Fellowships & Writing Center (FWC) offers workshops throughout the year to facilitate your professional development as a scholar. Our workshops range from informational panels on fellowships and research to interactive sessions in which we work on targeted writing skills or discuss project management strategies.
See upcoming events below or visit the events calendar for more FWC events.
In the Spotlight
The Art of the Conference Presentation
Tuesday, February 27, 4:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m. (in person)
This workshop will cover a range of topics related to conference presentations, including effective presentation structure, slide design, accessibility considerations, strategies for handling the Q&A, and tips for managing nerves.
Demystifying the Dissertation Finish Line
Tuesday, March 5, 4:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m. (in person)
Wading into topics such as time management, final edits and defense planning, and the guidelines for submission, this workshop is meant to offer practical tips to help you complete the dissertation.
Keep an eye out for more details on all our workshops in our biweekly newsletter, On Grants and Prose, as well as on the FWC page on Engage. (To view events, you must sign in to Engage.)
Other past workshops have included:
- Fulbright-Hays DDRA Program
- Demystifying the Finish Line: A Dissertation Workshop
- Perspectives on Pitching and Publishing
- Writing the Prospectus
- Overcoming Writing Obstacles
- The Art of the Conference Presentation
- Establishing a Writing Practice
- Crafting Introductions and Conclusions
- Strategies for Revising Academic Work
- Research Statement Workshop
- Merit and Traveling Fellowships Information Session
- Fulbright US Student Program Information Session
- NSF GRFP Information Session
You can find recordings of some of these workshops on the FWC Canvas site.