Workshops and other programming (such as talks) are announced on Engage, in the FWC newsletter On Grants and Prose, and in other GSAS communications. We offer a range of workshops—from informational panels on fellowships and research to interactive sessions in which we work on targeted writing skills—and aim to facilitate your professional development as a scholar.
Visit the Fellowships & Writing Center on Engage for a list of upcoming events.
Our past workshops have focused on topics including:
- Not Missing the Forest for the Trees: A Workshop on Writing and Finishing the Dissertation
- Perspectives on Pitching and Publishing
- Writing the Prospectus
- Overcoming Writing Obstacles
- Writing and Presenting the Conference Paper (a 3-part series)
- Moving from Reading to Writing
- Framing the Research Question Across Genres
- Finding Freedom through the Page
You can find recordings of some of these workshops on the FWC Canvas site.