Skip to main content


Information about unofficial and official transcripts

Applicants are required to upload unofficial transcripts from each institution attended. Harvard Griffin GSAS does not accept transcripts received by mail or email during the application submission and review process. Any transcripts sent during this time will be discarded. 

Official transcripts are only required from those who have been admitted and accepted the offer of admission. Instructions for submitting official transcripts will be provided in spring/summer prior to enrollment. 

Transcripts from international institutions must be in English or be accompanied by a certified English translation. All translations must be literal and complete versions of the original records. International transcripts should include: 

  • courses, seminars, and examinations taken 
  • grades, scores, and grading scales 
  • confirmation of degree conferral and date. 

Fall Grades: Applicants currently enrolled in a college or university may be required to submit fall grades. Visit your program of interest in Degree Programs for more information. Should you wish to update your submitted application with fall grades, you may do so using the Fall Grade Report in the Applicant Portal. 

What if my school does not issue transcripts? 

If your school’s registrar does not issue transcripts, you must request from them an official original document or letter that lists all courses taken, including currently enrolled classes, credits received, grades received and if you have graduated, and the name of the degree conferred and the date of the conferral. 

What if my grades are pass/fail or based on a nontraditional scale? 

Grades and GPA should be reported in the same format as they are reported on your transcript. If your transcript does not include a GPA, you are not required to include the GPA on your Harvard Griffin GSAS application. 

Events Calendar