The September — December Pass ordering period has closed, no additinal orders for fall may be placed at this time.
Students at the Harvard Graduate School of Arts and Sciences can purchase semester MBTA local bus, link (bus and subway), or commuter rail passes (all zones) at a 50 percent discount. GSAS allows one order per student per semester. You must be a current student at the Harvard Graduate School of Arts and Sciences to receive a pass. Students can order January — May (five-month) or February — May (four-month) pass for the spring term and September -December (four-month) passes for the fall semester.
Please review the guidelines on how to place a semester pass order. Eligible student workers who participate in the MBTA Pass Program do not qualify for a parking or bicycling benefit while their pass is active (Jan-May, Feb-May, or Sep-Dec).
- The January through May (five-month) pass runs from January 1, 2021, through May 31, 2021. The deadline to submit an order for a January through May pass is December 8, 2020.
- The February through May (four-month) pass runs from February 1, 2021, through May 31, 2021. The deadline to submit an order for a February through May pass is January 8, 2021.
- The September-December pass runs from September 1, 2021, to December 31, 2021. Orders can be placed beginning July 9, 2021. The deadline to submit an order for a September-December pass is August 8, 2021.
- Can I buy a single-month MBTA passes?
No, the Semester Pass Program offers coverage for either four or five consecutive months, depending on the pass you choose. Students are charged for the entire amount and cannot opt-in or out of coverage during the semester.
- Is there a pass pickup location or will my pass be shipped to me?
Passes will be mailed to you by Edenred Commuter Benefit Solutions to the delivery address you indicate in your order form, there is no in-person pickup option. Please note that the delivery address must be a valid US address.
- How do I update my delivery address?
You may update your delivery address under the “My Account – My Profile” tab of your Edenred ordering portal. Please make sure you update your delivery address prior to ordering your semester pass product.
- What happens if I didn’t receive my Commuter Rail pass?
Commuter Rail passes are mailed with Certified Mail to ensure successful delivery. Certified Mail is a special USPS service that requires a signature of receipt. You should receive a tracking number via email from stamps.com each month to track when it will be delivered. If USPS cannot successfully deliver your pass, USPS will leave a note (certified tag) saying there is a package at the nearest Post Office for pickup. It will have the address of the Post Office location noted.
- What happens if I didn’t receive my bus/subway pass?
You can request a replacement on the “My Account – Order History” tab of your Edenred ordering portal by clicking “Did Not Receive”
- What is the fee if I lose my bus/subway pass?
Replacement cards for lost passes cost $10. You can request a replacement on the “My Account – Order History” tab of your Edenred ordering portal by clicking “Lost/Stolen/Damaged Card”. Commuter Rail passes cannot be replaced, but new passes are mailed out at the start of each month.
- What forms of payment are accepted?
You can pay with ACH (bank transfer) or credit card. There is a credit card processing fee of 4% of your total purchase amount. There is no fee to pay with ACH. Payment is due upon submitting your order.
- Is there a fee for rejected ACH (bank transfer) payments? If so, how much is the fee?
Yes, rejected ACH payments result in a $25 fee which will be charged to your GSAS term bill and collected by Harvard GSAS Student Affairs.
- What months do fall semester passes cover? When can I order a fall pass?
Fall semester passes are active from September 1 to December 31. Fall pass ordering opens in July and closes end of day August 8.
- What months do spring semester passes cover? When can I order a spring pass?
You will have the option to order five-month (Jan 1 -May 31) or four-month (Feb 1 -May 31) spring semester passes. Spring pass ordering opens in November. Students must buy January-May spring semester passes by December 8th. Students must buy February-May spring semester passes by January 8th.
- Are summer semester passes available for purchase?
Summer semester passes are not offered. Instead, you may purchase the following:
- January through May (five-month spring semester pass)
- February through May (four-month spring semester pass)
- September through December (four-month fall semester pass)
12. Where can I go to get more information on each pass and what it covers?
MBTA’s website: https://www.mbta.com/
Five-Month Pass Pricing (Jan-May)
Full Fare Cost
Harvard GSAS Subsidized Four-Month Pass
|Link Pass (local bus and subway):||$450.00||$225.00|
|Inner Express Bus:||$680.00||$340.00|
Four-Month Pass Pricing (Feb-May, Sep-Dec)
Full Fare Cost
Four Month Pass
Harvard GSAS Subsidized Four Month Pass
|Link Pass (local bus and subway):||$360.00||$180.00|
|Inner Express Bus:||$544.00||$272.00|