AB/AM, AB/SM Programs

Certain departments allow Harvard College students the opportunity to apply to the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences for a master’s degree pursued concurrently with the bachelor’s degree. Interested students should visit the Office of Undergraduate Education website for more information on concurrent master’s.

Participants remain registered in Harvard College. If, after they earn both bachelor’s and master’s degrees, they are admitted to a GSAS PhD program, they are considered second-year graduate students and will receive two terms of credit towards their tuition schedule. 

How to Apply

Interested undergraduates should speak with an advisor in the relevant department and review the concurrent master’s information on the Office of Undergraduate Education website.

When ready, students should apply through the GSAS Applicant Portal

Applying to a Degree Program

Current AB/AM or AB/SM students who are interested in enrolling in a GSAS graduate program must apply at GSAS Applicant Portal.


Office of Undergraduate Education
Harvard College
University Hall North
Cambridge, MA  02138

Veritas shield
Office of Admissions
Richard A. and Susan F. Smith Campus Center
1350 Massachusetts Avenue, Suite 350
Cambridge, MA 02138