Skip to main content


Last Updated

Harvard Griffin GSAS students are classified as resident students (full time or part time) or non-resident students and must either check in and register through the FAS Registrar’s Office or apply for an alternate status through the Non-Residential Application Portal. The Registrar’s Office also tracks students’ year of graduate study (known as G-year), which is calculated from the first date of registration in Harvard Griffin GSAS.

A Note about Student Records

The Registrar’s Office oversees student records, including transcripts, letters of certification, and degree and enrollment verification. Once a final degree is awarded, no changes can be made to a transcript. Students and alumni may request transcripts, letters of certification, and degree and enrollment verifications from the National Student Clearinghouse.

Visit the Registrar’s Office for transcript ordering instructions or for more information about student records.

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, as amended (FERPA), is a federal law that gives students certain rights with respect to their education records. More information about FERPA is available in the Policies, or from the FAS Registrar's Office.

Contact Info

Registrar's Office
Faculty of Arts and Sciences
Harvard University
Richard A. and Susan F. Smith Campus Center Office
1350 Massachusetts Avenue, Suite 450
Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138

Tel: 617-495-1543
Fax: 617-495-0815

Let us know your thoughts

Was This Helpful?

I found what I was looking for.
I couldn't find what I needed.
Events Calendar