Any GSAS student who is currently a G-2 or above, in good standing, and registered in the Harvard Graduate School of Arts and Sciences for the 2017-2018 academic year is eligible to apply for this new position.
Responsibilities of Diversity and Inclusion Fellow:
- Supporting the efforts of the GSAS Office of Diversity and Minority Affairs (ODMA)
- Event planning
- Helping GSAS to identify needed areas of support
- Participating in Recruitment and Outreach
- Working with leadership of GSAS student groups, including Du Bois Graduate Society, MBSH, LGBTQ@GSAS, HGWISE and potentially interfacing with other D&I offices across the University
- Special Projects
- Manage a small budget for relevant programming
Diversity fellows must commit to 2 semesters, averaging 10-15 hours/week. Workspace provided in Cambridge but must be willing to attend events and meetings on both the Cambridge and Longwood campuses.
Compensation for the Academic Year:
$6,000 (a combination of stipend and meals designed to be flexible, to be discussed at interview)
Please submit: resume, 1 page cover letter, and a list of two references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are two positions available. Applicants must be able to work with individuals and groups that our office serves, including racial and ethnic minorities, LGBTQ communities, and other underrepresented groups and individuals. In your cover letter, in addition to discussing your interest and background, please share how you will contribute to advancing the mission of the Office of Diversity and Minority Affairs.
GSAS is not currently accepting new applications.