The GSAS Fellowships Office provides advice in Scholarly Pursuits: A Guide to Professional Development during the Graduate Years. The guide contains:
- Samples of winning fellowship proposals and fellowship biographical essays;
- Advice on making the most of the student-faculty advising relationship;
- Strategies for setting goals to ensure progress through the doctoral program in a timely fashion;
- An introductory guide to publishing;
- Model curricula vitae, résumés, and cover letters;
- A section focused on the experiences of underrepresented minorities;
- Resources for work-life balance.