The Office of Work/Life administers a variety of programs that provide support to the University’s graduate students, staff, and faculty. Of particular interest to graduate students are:
- Subsidized and vetted in-home and center-based dependent back-up care, and free online self-directed care provider search through Care.com.
- The WATCH Portal (Web Access to Care at Harvard) connects parents and student caregivers within the Harvard community.
- A child care information website, which includes links to six on-campus Harvard-affiliated child care centers
The Harvard community parent-to-parent supports.
Six on-campus Harvard-affiliated child care centers.
Lactation rooms located around campus.
Discounted nanny search and placement services.
The Office of Work/Life on the Harvard University Longwood Campus provides information, resources, referrals, educational programs and supported related to managing your Work/Life Integration to all faculty, staff, post docs, within following institutions in the Longwood Medical Area community:
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- Children’s Hospital Boston
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- Harvard Medical School
- Harvard School of Dental Medicine
- Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health
- Joslin Diabetes Center
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary
- Massachusetts General Hospital
The Office of Work/Life website provides resources on child care, after-school programs, public or private schools, or elder care resources.