The GSAS Office of Finance is responsible for the GSAS operating budget, the GSAS graduate aid budget, financial operations, compliance, reporting, and planning and modeling. The GSAS Finance team provides financial services for GSAS leadership and staff and is the financial point of contact for offices and departments throughout the University. Geoff Tierney manages the team, establishing the team’s priorities. Liz Moss Levine assists with implementing those priorities, coordinating with GSAS colleagues and with central finance offices to meet deadlines, and serves as resource for staff finance and budget questions, including assisting with interpretation of financial policy. Belinda Chu administers most financial operations, including assisting with financial transactions (purchasing questions and approvals, reimbursement questions, and assistance with journal entries), reporting, and financial policy.
The GSAS Office of Finance strives to provide the financial services needed to meet the mission of GSAS and the University. The GSAS Office of Finance embraces a “no wrong door” policy. Please come to any of us for assistance.
We work with: GSAS staff, GSAS leadership, FAS Finance Office, FAS departmental colleagues, University financial offices, and other Harvard offices.
The role of our team is to:
- ensure compliance with Harvard University and Faculty of Arts and Sciences financial policies
- advise with purchasing and payment processing and assisting GSAS staff who process transactions
- support GSAS budget managers with the budgeting process and budget tracking
- guide the development of multi-year financial plans
- create financial reports and provide financial analysis to GSAS leadership
- provide financial policy guidance to staff
- work with staff to create useful tools for financial management and create ad hoc reports as needed.