The Office of Finance is responsible for the Harvard Griffin GSAS operating budget, the graduate aid budget, financial operations, compliance, reporting, and planning and modeling. The Finance team provides financial services for leadership and staff and is the financial point of contact for offices and departments throughout the University. Geoff Tierney manages the team, establishing the team’s priorities. Liz Moss Levine assists with implementing those priorities, coordinating with colleagues and with central finance offices to meet deadlines, and serves as resource for staff finance and budget questions, including assisting with interpretation of financial policy. Belinda Chu administers most financial operations, including assisting with financial transactions (purchasing questions and approvals, reimbursement questions, and assistance with journal entries), reporting, and financial policy.
The Office of Finance strives to provide the financial services needed to meet the mission of Harvard Griffin GSAS and the University. The Office of Finance embraces a “no wrong door” policy. Please come to any of us for assistance.
We work with: Harvard Griffin GSAS staff and leadership, FAS Finance Office, FAS departmental colleagues, University financial offices, and other Harvard offices.
The role of our team is to:
- ensure compliance with Harvard University and Faculty of Arts and Sciences financial policies
- advise with purchasing and payment processing and assisting staff who process transactions
- support budget managers with the budgeting process and budget tracking
- guide the development of multi-year financial plans
- create financial reports and provide financial analysis to leadership
- provide financial policy guidance to staff
- work with staff to create useful tools for financial management and create ad hoc reports as needed.