Harvard University’s Graduate School of Arts and Sciences (GSAS) consists of 57 degree-granting departments, divisions, and committees across all disciplines, awarding the PhD and a select number of terminal master’s degrees. Each year we seek to admit an outstanding group of applicants, drawn from a broad range of backgrounds, to join a global community of students and faculty deeply committed to expanding the boundaries of human knowledge and understanding.
We are delighted that you are considering joining us in the remarkable intellectual and social experience that constitutes the pursuit of a Harvard graduate degree.
Application deadlines vary by program. All applications must be submitted by the desired program's deadline.
The application deadline for fall 2013 has passed. The application for fall 2014 will be available September 2013.
Note: If your desired program is among those listed below, the program is a member of the Harvard Integrated Life Sciences (HILS) network. The HILS federation integrates life sciences graduate programs and subject areas across Harvard University. HILS facilitates cross-disciplinary collaboration, supports student mobility, and encourages extracurricular participation by its student, faculty, and staff members. For information, including multiple application options and instructions, visit the HILS site.
- Biological Sciences in Dental Medicine
- Biological Sciences in Public Health
- Biology: Division of Medical Sciences (DMS)—NOTE: DMS is listed on the GSAS application’s "Program Selection" page as Medical Sciences (Division of)
- Bioinformatics and Integrative Genomics (BIG)
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS)
- Speech and Hearing Bioscience and Technology (SHBT)
- Biology: Molecular and Cellular
- Molecules, Cells and Organisms (MCO)
- Engineering and Physical Biology (EPB)
- Biology: Organismic and Evolutionary
- Chemical Biology
- Chemistry and Chemical Biology
- Chemical Physics
- Systems Biology