The mission and objectives of the Harvard Graduate Student Council are as follows:
● To serve as the official representative body of the students of the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences (GSAS) at Harvard University.
● To provide a forum for discussion of issues internal and external of concern to graduate students.
● To represent graduate student interests before the Harvard faculty and administration.
● To organize, promote, and conduct activities beneficial to graduate student life.
● To disseminate information of interest to students in the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences.
● To provide support and assistance to Graduate Student Organizations.
● To own and manage property and accounts which will assist in securing the above objectives.
● To select graduate students for appointment to faculty and university committees.
● To provide a common association among graduate students in all divisions and departments of the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences.