Patrick O’Brien serves as a point of contact and resource for all students, faculty, and staff in communicating and interpreting GSAS policy and procedure. He is available to discuss any issues related to a student’s progress toward his/her degree and non-resident status, including Traveling Scholars and Leaves of Absence. He also meets with students, faculty, and staff to discuss:
- Maintaining satisfactory academic progress, administrative interaction, and processes within FAS and across campus.
- The transfer and readmission processes, the Exchange Scholar Program, the non-resident application process, the JD/PhD coordinated program, and annual events, including January@GSAS, Orientation DudleyFest, and the GSAS Commencement Diploma-Awarding Ceremony.
- All procedures and petitioning processes tied to registration and course enrollment.
- English proficiency resources for international students and the summer English Language Program for new international graduate students.
- The MD-PhD and HST programs and for students, administrators, and faculty in all interfaculty PhD programs.