Any GSAS student who is currently a G-2 or above, in good standing, and registered in the Harvard Graduate School of Arts and Sciences for the 2019-2020 academic year is eligible to apply for one of these new positions.
Responsibilities of Diversity and Inclusion Fellow: LGBTQ-focused
- Supporting the efforts of the GSAS Office of Diversity and Minority Affairs (ODMA)
- Forging relationships between LGBTQ@GSAS and other ODMA student groups by attending student leadership meetings and participating in recruitment efforts and outreach
- Planning events for the GSAS LGBTQ+ Community
- Identifying and advocating for needed areas of support for LGBTQ+ Students at GSAS
- Maintaining calendar of LGBTQ+ events across the university and the LGBTQ@GSAS Website
- Collaborating with leadership of LGBTQ@GSAS and other GSAS student groups, including Du Bois Graduate Society, MBSH, and HGWISE
- Interfacing with the GSAS Student Center Fellows and other Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Fellows across the University
- Holding regular meetings with LGBTQ@GSAS Leadership to discuss issues and plans for increasing efforts related to D&I
- Managing a small budget for relevant programming
Diversity fellows must commit to 2 semesters, averaging 10-15 hours/week. Workspace provided in Cambridge but must be willing to attend events and meetings on both the Cambridge and Longwood campuses.
Compensation for the Academic Year:
Please submit: resume, 1-page cover letter, and a list of two references to email@example.com.
There is one position available. Applicants must be able to work with individuals and groups that our office serves, including racial and ethnic minorities, LGBTQ+ communities, and other underrepresented groups and individuals. In your cover letter, in addition to discussing your interest and background, please share how you will contribute to advancing the mission of the Office of Diversity and Minority Affairs.
Deadline: September 27, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.