GSAS is committed to assisting graduate students in developing the professional skills needed to launch and build successful careers inside or outside academia. In addition to the support offered at the department or program level, students can access many other resources available through:
- The Office of Student Affairs
- The GSAS Fellowships Office
- The GSAS Center for Writing and Communicating Ideas
- The Derek Bok Center for Teaching and Learning
- The Office of Career Services
- Students may also find Scholarly Pursuits: A Guide to Professional Development during the Graduate Years, written by Director of the Fellowships Office Cynthia Verba, useful. Scholarly Pursuits offers advice on professional development in preparation for an academic career and for enhancing PhD career opportunities more generally. Included are samples of winning fellowship proposals, as well as CVs and cover letters for job applications.